Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Changing My Topic

My topic for this research has been about vocational assessments, however I have found that I am not really interested in it enough to continue with it to the extent that I would need to. Therefore, I am changing my topic to something that I find a lot more intriguing: Homeless Students/Unaccompanied Youth.

A hypothesis that I could use now would be...
If a student is considered homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act, then the homeless students will have a harder time in school.

This is a very vague hypothesis, because the dependent variable is too broad. What is considered having a harder time in school? Having lower grades? Transportation issues due to not having a permanent location? Further research will help me find out what topics have been reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment